LEAP Legal Software.
LEAP's Privacy Statement has been issued to make you aware of the organisation's procedures regarding the handling of personal and sensitive information, including collection, use, disclosure and storage of information, as well as the right of individuals to access and correct that information.
The LEAP Group (LEAP) is bound by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
By using our Service, you consent to the terms of this Policy and agree to be bound by it.
What we collect?
We collect or obtain your information:
- When you provide it to use (e.g. by contacting us)
- When you send an email via the Service; and
- From your use of our website via cookies (such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet Service Provider);
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation);
- Information you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including name and email address);
- Information that you provide to use for the purpose of subscribing to our services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
How we use this information
We may use your information to:
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising our website;
- Enabling your use of the service;
- Notify you of new or changed services offered in relation to LEAP;
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you marketing communications relating to our service or carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you as permitted by law;
- Assist with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the Service;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Service; and
- To seek your views or comments on the services we provide.
Who we share your personal information with:
- LEAP may share your personal information with our partners to provide you with the products, services and information you have requested or which we believe is of interest to you.
- Third parties for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
However, the internet is not in itself a secure environment and we cannot give an absolute assurance that Your Content will be secure at all times. Transmission of information over the internet is at your own risk and you should only enter, or instruct the entering of, information to the Service within a secure environment.
We will advise you at the first reasonable opportunity upon discovering or being advised of a security breach where your information is lost, stolen, accessed, used, disclosed, copied, modified, or disposed of by any unauthorised persons or in any unauthorised manner.
We recommend you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Data when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of upper and lower-case letters, numbers and symbols when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser.
Storage of Personal Data
Our Service is hosted and operated in the United Kingdom (“UK”). Your data is stored on servers located in your country of residence.
A 'cookie' is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. For your reference, please click the following links for details on how to manage cookies in each of the major web browsers:
- Internet Explorer (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/278835)
- Firefox (http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored)
- Chrome (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en)
- Opera (http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/)
- Safari (http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042)
- Safari for iPad and iPhone (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677).
Analytics and anonymisation
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website and products will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in your country of residence. Google will use the information on behalf of LEAP for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website and products, compiling reports on activity for us and providing us with other services relating to activity and internet usage. The IP address that your browser conveys within the scope of Google Analytics, will not be associated with any other data held by Google. You may refuse the use of these cookies via the settings in your browser as explained above. You can also opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics in the future by downloading and installing Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you and you can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out below.
These rights include:
- Obtaining information regarding the processing of your personal information and access to the personal information which we hold about you;
- Requesting that we correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Requesting that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal information but we are legally entitled to retain it.
- Objecting to, and requesting that we restrict, our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your personal information but we are legally entitled to refuse that request.
- In some circumstances, receiving some personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or requesting that we transmit this information to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to personal information which you have provided to us.
- Withdrawing your consent, although in certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing without your consent if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
- Lodging a complaint with the relevant data protection authority, if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us. We can, on request, tell you which data protection authority is relevant to the processing of your personal information.
How to make a complaint
If you believe that we have breached this policy or the GDPR, then you should make a complaint to LEAP in the first instance. You should address your complaint by emailing us at email@example.com.
You should include as much detail as you can about the personal information affected, and the circumstances that you believe amount to a breach of this policy, the GDPR or the APPs.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.